[IPython-dev] multiple worksheets and tabs

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:07:43 EDT 2012

Our existing Notebook class (notebook.js) will have to be refactored
into two pieces:

Worksheet (which manages a sequence of cells)
Notebook (which manages a sequence of worksheets)

This is a serious amount of JS coding, not particularly hard, but
there are a lot of moving pieces.

* Then there is the creation of the UI within these classes.
* We will also probably have to do some new layout logic to manage the
scrolling properly.
* Finally, there are issues with focus/refresh/etc.  These will be
pretty subtle.