[IPython-dev] Best approach for uploading files through the Notebook?

Carl Smith carl.input at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:26:40 EDT 2012

Hi all

I was asked... what is the best way to upload data through the IPython
Notebook interface, from the machine running the client, onto the
machine serving the notebook.

This is for NotebookCloud, so there's no option to just use ssh. There
should, if there isn't already, be an easy way to chuck data into a
notebook and have it upload onto the server. There's a few ways it
could be done, and the user has found a workaround, but I just
wondered what you guys thought.