[IPython-dev] IPython at PyCon 2012 - link summary

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 01:56:47 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've just finished uploading all of our tutorial materials, so here's
a quick roundup of the relevant links from our PyCon 2012 blitz:

- Downloadable materials for the tutorial (slides, notebooks, etc):
http://archive.ipython.org/media/PyCon2012.

- The full video of the tutorial:
http://pyvideo.org/video/605/ipython-in-depth-high-productivity-interactive-a

- Video of the talk I presented during the main conference (we got a
last-minute slot):
http://pyvideo.org/video/640/ipython-python-at-your-fingertips

- Slides of the talk: http://fperez.org/talks/1203_ipython_pycon.pdf

- A few pictures we took of the booth and the sprints:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105051551851350439748/albums/5724077281908618417?banner=pwa

Bringing a booth turned out to be a fantastic idea (kudos to Brian for
thinking of it and making it happen).  We were basically mobbed for
two days, with a *ton* of interest and non-stop visitors asking
questions.  It meant we didn't get to go to any of the talks :)  But I
think it was a good bargain, b/c that kind of direct interaction with
the wider Python community is very useful for us, and we'd typically
had fairly little of it (Brian had only been once to Pycon, and for
Min and I this was our first).

It was a mad few weeks (esp. give that this was right after Strata and
PyData), but I think all worth it...