[IPython-dev] "master listing" feature request for ipython notebook

Juha Vierinen jvierine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 21:57:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

Here is an idea: create one master server that sits on a standardized
port number and contains a list of all notebooks on the filesystem
(e.g., by scanning using the find command, or some other more
cross-platform alternative). By clicking a link, ipython notebook will
launch in this directory and allow you to start working on your
notebook.

I'm new to ipython notebook, but I like it a lot. I am planning to
move from R to ipython because I like the notebook feature so much.
I've been using ipython for the last week, only going back to R just a
few times to run some old code.

juha