[IPython-dev] experiment - remote execution of jquery and d3 code into the browser via ipython

lecast martin.zmk at gmail.com
Sat May 5 19:28:05 EDT 2012

I really like how flexible D3 can be, although it will take me a while to
learn it. And the number one feature is that you can modify the graphics
very easily in your browser. So today I started writing a module that would
'bring' D3 to IPython notebook, even though my experience with that is
rather minimal. Surprisingly it goes well so far. I figured a way to insert
multiple figures and update them between cells. The only problem now is that
I cannot save the results. All HTML injections get saved, SVG objects are
not. Any ideas how to circumvent that limitation?

Demo with three figures being populated with random dots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVlRT4wT7mM