[IPython-dev] roadmap and wishlist milestones

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:01:27 EDT 2012

I have stopped using the status-active and status-dormant tags for the
notebook related issues because they were redundant with the
information in the priority tags.  I like the idea os getting rid of
these and using milestones+priority instead.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone object to my creating two new milestones on GitHub?
>
> 1. wishlist - feature requests, etc. with no concrete plans for
> implementation.  Often a good place to start for newcomers who want to do
> something neat that wouldn't be done otherwise (at least not soon).

I tend to like to minimize these types of issues to begin with.  I
like to have issues that have some chance of being acted on in a
finite amount of time.  But I realize that some people like to track
everything and I can just ignore the wishlist.

> 2. roadmap - Various things that we file under 'definitely planning to do,
> but probably not the next release (or two)'.

This is fine, but...

> Currently either/both of these are handled by the state "no milestone".

I am also fine with this less formal approach.

> Our use of milestones right now is quite lax, so I wouldn't consider them
> particularly authoritative, but I think it might help us a little bit when
> keeping track of our plans.

In my mind, it is OK to be lax on distant milestones - it is mainly
the upcoming one that is worth being accurate on.

But all of these feelings are rather weak, so I am fine with any
decision along these lines.

Cheers,

Brian