[IPython-dev] roadmap and wishlist milestones

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Tue May 8 00:53:21 EDT 2012

Based on responses, I just converted all status-dormant Issues to
milestone:wishlist, and removed the status tags.  The only reason for
'roadmap' is do distinguish No Milestone as "we haven't decided" from
wishlist=not right now, and roadmap=n+1 or n+2, but not n.  I think it is
probably simpler to just have n, n+1, and wishlist.

I think in general, we should mark issues we should still *consider*
resolving for the current release with the current milestone, and then as
we get close to cutting it, we can make specific 'not yet' decisions, and
start reassigning to n+1.  I think we are at about that point now, where we
can start going through many of the 0.13 issues and assigning them to 0.14
as we figure out how to focus our efforts towards release.

Current breakdown of open issues:

Milestones:
0.13: 76
0.14: 10
wishlist: 96
no milestone: 120 (including ~30 PRs, so closer to 90)

Of those with no milestone:
enhancement: 54 - many of these likely belong in wishlist
bug: 31

-MinRK