[IPython-dev] "Unsigned Message" error in a forking kernel manager

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Tue May 29 16:08:57 EDT 2012

I'm experimenting with making a KernelManager that starts kernels by
forking instead of launching a new fresh process.  I'm getting a
"ValueError: Unsigned Message" error that I'm not sure what to do about,
though.

I've put up my short experimental code at
https://gist.github.com/2830375.  If you do:

python -i testfork.py

you'll see the Unsigned Message error from the example computation done
at the end of that file.  Is there a key or something that I should be
doing to "sign" my messages?  If someone could give this a quick
look-over and see if there are any obvious problems, that would be great.

Thanks,

Jason