[IPython-dev] Thoughts on Cloud Services

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:48:00 EST 2012

On 5 November 2012 21:14, Carl Smith <carl.input at gmail.com> wrote:

> To cut a long story short, I've not been doing much on NotebookCloud
> for a while now. I'm really happy with how things have gone so far,
> but have reached the point where I've taken it pretty much as far as I
> can. I will keep everything running so long as people still use it and
> wanted to say thanks to everyone who's supported me with this, it's
> been a lot of fun. I'm happy for anyone to take over nbcloud, or just
> ransack it to create new stuff, and I'm happy to contribute to those
> efforts.

Thanks, Carl, for the time you've put in with NotebookCloud. It's really
great to be able to tell people that setting up the IPython Notebook on a
dedicated Amazon cloud is as easy as a few clicks. And it's especially good
to have had that available so soon after the Notebook was released. I hope
someone picks it up and takes it forward in whatever form.

And of course we hope you'll stick around and build us more cool stuff ;-)

Best wishes,
Thomas