[IPython-dev] comment on autosave

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 05:39:12 EST 2012

Hi all,

I might be poking into a hornets' nest, but I was wondering whether
configurably linking saving the notebook to the cell execution could
appease all those who complain about autosave. My idea is that one could
simply have a flag in the profile, and if that flag is set, then
that.save_notebook() could be executed at the end of
execute_selected_cell(). This solution should be safe in the sense that
as long as the function save_notebook works, there should be absolutely
no problems with using it in execute_selected_cell, and we wouldn't have
to tamper with the javascript base.

In any case, if you think this could be a viable option, I could try to
implement it.

Cheers,
Zoltán