[IPython-dev] PyCon Canada keynote went great: thanks to all of you for making me look good!

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:19:30 EST 2012

On 12 November 2012 05:34, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just completed a mini-marathon with two talks at U. Toronto and the
> closing keynote for PyCon Canada, which went unusually well.  It's not
> very often that I get two or three applause interruptions during a
> conference talk and a standing ovation at the end.  I really, really
> want to thank everyone here who is basically working so hard to
> ultimately make me look good;

Congratulations, Fernando! I think you've downplayed your own role: the
existence of a strong team owes quite a bit to your vision and leadership.
With hindsight, I'm glad that IPython was one of my first experiences of
contributing to an open source project. It's still one of the most
welcoming projects I've interacted with, and it's taught me a lot about
good development.

Good luck with the sprints - I look forward to seeing what gets done.

Thanks,
Thomas