[IPython-dev] SWC using IPython Notebook

Erik Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:38:59 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> - A way for an instructor to make a notebook then strip out code for
> distribution to students (so they can see our annotations but have to type
> their own code).
>

> So basically just remove all code cells, right?  That won't be too
> difficult.

Maybe.  More useful, for me anyways, would be to leave the code cells
in but strip everything out of them except for comments.  I've been
thinking of writing a little script to do this, because I have a
couple notebooks I would like to do that to for the purposes of
teaching.  For simplicity's sake it would only work on code cells that
actually contain Python code :)

Erik