[IPython-dev] Have prompt redraw on async event

David Quigley dpquigl at davequigley.com
Thu Oct 18 21:56:58 EDT 2012

The last time I posted to the list I was asking about a way to interact
with an external data stream asynchronously. I managed to get it working
with subprocess.Popen and a thread and its working great. One problem I
have though is that in handling these asynchronous events data will get
printed to the ipython shell. Sometimes this causes the prompt not to
redraw and my message is either on the same line as the prompt or it
goes to the next line which is blank and doesn't redraw the prompt.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?