[IPython-dev] IPython FAQ

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:44:41 EDT 2012

I updated the FAQ recently, updating or removing a lot of out of date
information.

The answer about readline on macs is still out of date (it refers to
ipythonrc...). Can someone more familiar with the issue write a concise
description of the problem and the solution (easy_install readline, as I
recall)?
http://ipython.org/faq.html#ipython-crashes-under-os-x-when-using-the-arrow-keys

Also, are there other questions that come up often enough to go in the FAQ?
Since the clean-up, there are just four questions left.

Alternatively, should we ditch the FAQ page and aim to improve the relevant
parts of the documentation instead? The fact that old information had
persisted there without prompting puzzled questions suggests that not many
people were using it anyway.

Thanks,
Thomas