[IPython-dev] IPEP 3: Multiuser support in the notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:16:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

Recently, we started to use IPEPs (IPython Enhancement Proposals) to
work out the design of significant new developments in IPython.  We
have had two IPEPs so far, and today we setup a wiki page to track
these IPEPs and formalize the process of creating and discussing of
IPEPs:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-Enhancement-Proposals-(IPEPs)

Now that we have a good way of tracking IPEPs, I thought it was a good
opportunity to create a new IPEP myself.  We have started to get posts
on ipython-dev about multiuser capabilities in the notebook.  We have
previously thought and talked a lot about this, but we haven't written
anything down.  We are hoping that this IPEP will fix that and move
the design forward.

If you are interested in multiuser support in the notebook here is
what you should do:

1. Read the draft IPEP:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPEP-3:-Multiuser-support-in-the-notebook

2. Discuss the IPEP in this email thread.

3. Help us edit the IPEP as the discussion moves along.

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger