[IPython-dev] IPEP 3: Multiuser support in the notebook

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Fri Sep 7 18:50:38 EDT 2012

On 9/7/12 2:47 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
> OK I just changed a setting and you should be able to edit the wiki.

Thanks.  It worked.

Regarding: "When a user clicks "live share" they will get a private and
secure URL they can share with other users. These other users can then
edit the notebook and run code on the kernel in a Google Docs like manner."

Are you saying that the two of us will be interacting with one running
kernel?  Or are you saying that we both have different kernels and the
outputs are somehow pushed back and forth between our representations?
The former seems more likely, but I was just checking.  In Sage we have
the latter (IIRC), and sometimes it gets really confusing.

Thanks,

Jason