[IPython-dev] changing input_splitter from config

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Sep 8 15:46:25 EDT 2012

Is it possible to change the input splitter from within the
ipython_config.py file?  I can successfully change it from a custom
extension, but none of the variants I've tried in a config file seem to
work.  For example, in the ipython_config file:

from IPython.core.inputsplitter import IPythonInputSplitter
class SageIPythonInputSplitter(IPythonInputSplitter):
     def push(self, lines):
         print "push line"
         super(SageaIPythonInputSplitter, self).push(lines)

# Execute the given command string.
c.InteractiveShellApp.input_splitter = SageIPythonInputSplitter()

Thanks,

Jason