[IPython-dev] nbconvert HTML export

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 05:52:04 EDT 2012

Le 10 sept. 2012 à 11:18, <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk> a écrit :

> I'm interested in contributing to nbconvert.  Particularly adding non-embedded images to the HTML exporter (saved into <nb>_files directory) and creating a headerless HTML exporter for injecting into blog posts.  I've browsed the code and have a couple of questions before I begin:
>
> 1. What happened to the "quick-html" format?  It's in known_formats but not supported in main().  If there are plans to add this format what's it's intention.

I saw that too, and I don't know what it was supposed to do.

> 2. What is the preferred method of configuring embedded/non-embedded images?  Should I add a new format or a separate switch.  I prefer a switch.

I would go with having a switch, ( you saw my PRs)
But the question i, do we try something more Object oriented or more functional.
You are welcome to work on it and send us PRs.

> I like to work via tests so I've fixed a few things in the test suite (https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert/pull/33)

We'll look into that when we have more time.

Thanks !
--
Matthias