[IPython-dev] Scipy central & IPython notebook.

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 07:52:28 EDT 2012

Le 22 sept. 2012 à 23:39, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :

> An idea I've had knocking around for a while is to integrate the
> IPython notebook format, and the nbconvert code, with scipy-central.
> As I envisage it, users could upload a notebook, and the server would
> automatically generate static HTML and .py formats from it. Visitors
> would see the HTML view with links to download as .ipynb or .py. One
> of the first examples I clicked on [1] includes code, descriptive
> text, equations, and a plot - pretty much a text book example of what
> the notebook does well.

If needed, I'm working on a server that generate thumbnails of notebooks for nbviewer.
The prototype is working right now, I just need to make the logic to spawn the rendering to multiple workers,
and cache result to avoid useless rendering.

Right now here is what I do with it :
http://i.imgur.com/dMEZL.jpg
(with a slight hint of what the next version of nbviewer would look like)
here tiles size where big and random to see how the server would handle it,
but you can get whatever size you want

Tell me if you are interested.
--
Matthias