[IPython-dev] Maptlotlib Contour Issue (Bug?) with IPython Notebook

Bradley M. Froehle brad.froehle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 23:56:46 EDT 2013

For what it's worth, the behavior changed in this commit in
matplotlib<https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/255f213cd9fc6f458e13bb28fc43e8cb636b2158>
:

commit 255f213cd9fc6f458e13bb28fc43e8cb636b2158
Author: Daniel Hyams <dhyams at gitdev.(none)>
Date:   Sat Jan 19 19:08:34 2013 -0500

    Added a strategy to stop losing ticks on the ends of an axis.  The
approach that is
    used is to pad the interval that is being used to "clip" ticks from the
axis because
    they are off the end.

    The padding is chosen specifically such that the tick cannot be drawn a
pixel past the
    end of the axis.  So long as the tick is within this bound, it should
be OK to draw it.