[IPython-dev] Copy/Paste Regression in QtConsole

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 05:07:57 EDT 2013

Not sure if this is related to the InputSplitter work but I'm fairly sure I'm
seeing come changed behaviour of copy/paste in the qtconsole.

IIRC when copying from a previous multi-line cell in the qtconsole the input
prompts and initial indentation guides `...:` were stripped (unless you used
the Raw Text copy). Now the `...:` aren't stripped *unless* the first line of
the copy is an input prompt.

Note: For whatever reason, in spyder the "copy the input prompt as well" trick
doesn't work and the `...:` guides are always pasted

Regards,
Dave