[IPython-dev] Bookstore for IPython Notebooks

Kyle Kelley rgbkrk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:30:49 EDT 2013

Hey all,

I put together a module called bookstore which saves IPython notebooks to
OpenStack Swift clusters. It also has a notebook manager with simplified
authentication for Rackspace specifically (subclass of
SwiftNotebookManager). Bookstore only works against the current dev branch,
but I'll clean up the installation documentation (and install itself) when
IPython 1.0 releases.

You can find the current version at:

https://github.com/rgbkrk/bookstore

I'm aiming to make a real release on PyPI to coincide with the official
release of IPython 1.0. It will also get added as an option for the IPython
Chef cookbook I've been building (https://github.com/rgbkrk/ipynb-cookbook).

To be honest, I would be more than happy to accept pull requests that add
in other 3rd party notebook managers there as well. This includes the
currently included Azure notebook manager and could include others such as
davidbrai's version for S3 (https://github.com/davidbrai/ipythonnb-s3).

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Kyle Kelley