[IPython-dev] IPython Parallel KeyError

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 03:40:27 EDT 2013

MinRK <benjaminrk <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sounds like a version mismatch - make sure you don't have multiple versions
of IPython installed.  Current IPython will not write a connection file
without the 'key' or 'signature_scheme' keys.

> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Dave Hirschfeld <dave.hirschfeld <at>
gmail.com> wrote:>

> I've updated to the latest IPython and I'm now seeing a KeyError when trying
> to instantiate a parallel Client as neither `key` nor `signature_scheme` are
> in the `extra_args` dict.

Pretty sure I've just got the one IPython. The connection file was written by
an older version of IPython than what we're running now so it sounds like I'll
just have to recreate them? Will give that a go...

Thanks,
Dave