[IPython-dev] Heartbeat channel paused by default in the qt frontend?

Carlos Córdoba ccordoba12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:40:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

I was trying to understand why some things stopped working after I
updated Spyder to work with 1.0, and after a couple of hours of digging
I noticed that the heartbeat channel is paused by default.

This prevents us to detect and inform our users when our kernels have
(accidentally) died. The fix is easy (just unpause it at client creation
time) but I'm wondering if this is this the expected behavior or it's a
bug (so you guys can fix it before 1.0 final).

Cheers,
Carlos