[IPython-dev] LIVE reveal extension available (highly experimental but usable)...

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 17:48:54 EDT 2013

Hi people,

As you know, I have been working in a LIVE version of reveal.js- based
slideshow for the notebook... (for all of you that do not know about
what I am talking about, see this video I posted a few days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc-1FS0l2vg).

As you also know, I am learning JS and the internal of the JS
architecture from the notebook, so I come up with a very ugly but usable
code ;-)

The repo lives in the IPython-contrib community at this adress:
https://github.com/ipython-contrib/live_reveal

I encourage you to test it and report me any bug or comment (there will
be a lot of the... bugs I mean).

I repeat myself, it is a mediocre implementation, but it works! And you
can test it now ;-) (just read the readme in the repo before trying).

I am also open to code reviews... you will probably have to deal with a
lot of code only meaningful to me ;-), but I am available to explain you
what I tried to do... and it would be great to get your help to make
this thing better (and a great opportunity for me to learn more...).

My goal is to make this enough great to integrate to the notebook... I
hope we can achieve that ;-)

As far as I know, there are only a few implementations of "executable"
slideshows (only for js, html and css)... and far far away of the
potentiality that the notebook gives us, so I am very excited about this
little thing (it is a new conceptually and interesting way to show and
demo your info to the audience).

Damián.

PD: I am proposing this thing (and other slideshow-related ideas) for a
talk to PyCon 2014, let see if I get some lucky again ;-)