[IPython-dev] Dropping our parametric tests system

Paul Ivanov pi at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 30 18:32:00 EDT 2013

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Min suggested that I write an IPEP for this, but in my opinion this isn't a
> > big enough change to require an IPEP. I'm happy to write one if people feel
> > I need to, though.

I agree that we shouldn't need an IPEP - I don't think *anyone*
is counting on our test suite to be a particular way - it is not
a part of the codebase that we document (outside of API docs) or
advertise to outside consumers.

I'm glad we'll finallly stop using such tricky (and fallible)
machinary, though I admit I'll miss the extra dots... Though with
the potential change to our testing infrastructure in the future,
as discussed at this week's Lab Meeting On Air [1], we might not
have the dots in the future anyway.

best,
--
                   _