[IPython-dev] IPython notebook/parallel relation

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:44:27 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm giving a lecture on IPython parallel this afternoon, and I'm
anticipating the usual question of "why does IPython include parallel
tools?"  I know that the standard response is that IPython seeks to provide
seamless tools for the entire life-cycle of the scientific idea, as well as
the fact that it's a natural fit because the parallelism requires the same
message passing as the notebook. I'd like to go into a bit more detail on
the architecture overlap during the lecture.  Are there any resources on
that subject that I could look through and condense into a ~5 minute
discussion?

Thanks,
   Jake