[IPython-dev] iPython binary wheels for OS-X

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 18:47:52 EST 2013

On 9 December 2013 23:38, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ideally, the core Python interactive prompt would *also* allow users
>> to plug in their own readline functionality, but that's somewhat
>> orthogonal to how external projects like IPython deal with the issue.
>
> an import statement in PYTHONSTARTUP might be sufficient.

Good point. If that works, I may submit a PR to pyreadline and IPython
to *not* have pyreadline use the colliding "readline" name by default
- users who want to have the functionality in the core interpreter can
configure it to do so, and users who have problems with that (as I did
- see https://github.com/pyreadline/pyreadline/issues/18) can avoid
doing so. I'll try it out.

Paul