[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] Index and public link to our notebook example collection

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 00:17:19 EST 2013

Hey,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!  Thanks for doing this, it is a huge step forward to have even
> this level of visibility to our notebook examples.  This makes me

yes, even if hackish, I'd been wanting to get this done for a long
time.  We can polish later.

> think that transitioning to notebook based narrative docs might not be
> too bad:
>
> * Start to put narrative notebook docs in a directory hierarchy.
> * For each dir in the heirarchy, auto-generate a README.md file in the
> same way you have done here.

We can generalize the little script a little for that, I just didn't
have time right now.  That's precisely what I had in mind we could
start doing.

> It is not perfect, but I think it is good enough to get us going in
> the right direction.

I think so too, that's why I wanted to get the ball in motion.

> Question: should our narrative docs be in a separate repo moving forward?

Mmh, I'm very mildly in favor of keeping them together, but I'm happy
to hear if anyone has a strong preference for a separate repo and
their reasons.