[IPython-dev] D3js and IPython

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:13:49 EST 2013

Le 9 janv. 2013 à 12:57, lecast a écrit :

> I had a look at jsplugins and indeed it makes sense to use that in my context, although I would still keep my class for rendering static things or things that use css for interactivity.
>
> However, the way I understand is that js in unwanted in the saved output because it may communicate with the kernel, and that in turn can do whatever.

> Wouldn't escaping just such calls be an option too?

I'm not sure I understand the question here.
Removing js evaluation and injection of script tag through IPython is not enough as one can actually forge
a file that have embedded js. So we need to be carefull

> For the jsplugins to work I think there should be an install function within IPython where you point at some url that hosts the plugin.
> And, there should be an easy way to extend plugins from within IPython so that the user doesn't have to have file system access to add a script.

Yes, sure. Plugin will probably be mostly js that can be served from urls. So that shouldn't be too hard.
But I'm not sure user can have IPython access without filesystem access. I don't really see the point of
an online computing software if you can't store data or save your notebook...

> Also, the base of the code for my papers-style notebooks that extracts footnotes is at http://nbviewer.ipython.org/4492534/

Great ! I'll have a look.
--
Matthias