[IPython-dev] IPython.core.display or IPython.display ?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:53:05 EDT 2013

On 1 July 2013 21:40, Hyungro Lee <hroe.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

> ----> 1 from IPython.display import HTML
>>
>> ImportError: No module named display
>

> So, I tried it again with core path like this :
>
>> from IPython.core.display import HTML
>

> It seems working fine with core path.

Yes, 0.12.x won't have IPython.display. That was introduced later, pulling
together things from IPython.core.display and IPython.lib.display. You
should be able to carry on using the same things from IPython.core.display.

We recommend everyone upgrades from 0.12 now anyway. If you're using
Ubuntu, there's a PPA with the latest stable version in here:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython

Thomas