[IPython-dev] Github - IPy Notebook button

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 18:29:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Bartosz <mail at telenczuk.pl> wrote:
> Done. The issue is here:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/nbviewer/issues/93
>
> Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Thank you! I wish there was a default button in ipython where you just
click "publish" and it will appear on nbviewer. Fiddling with these
scripts (on all my computers, which currently is at east 3) is quite a
pain. I did start a PR to implement exactly that:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2504

But I don't currently have time to finish it, plus based on my
discussion with Brian, IPython itself might not be the best place to
implement github specific features, but rather it should be
implemented as an ipython extension somehow.

Ondrej