[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook based journal?

Andreas Hilboll lists at hilboll.de
Wed Jul 3 10:27:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm very fond of the IPython Notebook and would like to use it as a
general-purpose lab book. I'm also fan of software like rednotebook_,
which is basically a diary with the possiblity to tag and categorize
entries.

Do you see any way of integrating the IPython Notebook in a GUI similar
to rednotebook? I.e. have a calendar, have the possibility to create one
or more IPython Notebooks per day, sort them into categories and/or tag
them, and have the IPython notebook integrated in the main GUI?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Andreas.

_rednotebook: http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/