[IPython-dev] Wiki chaos...

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:07:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

A while back I spend a couple of days organizing the IPython GitHub
wiki.  I know this will probably seem anal, but I think it is
important that we use a logical structure for each of our pages and
the wiki as a whole.  To induce this structure on the flat GitHub wiki
namespace, we are naming our wiki pages with a prefix such as "Dev :"
or "Cookbook: " or "Install: ".  This structure is also present in our
sub-indices - we have a separate index page for each of these
categories.  When someone created the wiki page for the lab meetings,
it was created at the top level, rather than under the "Dev: "
category and put in the top level index rather than the "Dev: " index.
 I could fix this myself in a few minutes, but I don't want to become
the "police" for our wiki organization.  Instead, I would like
everyone to help keep the wiki organized.  Can someone clean this up?
If we don't want to use this structure, but instead keep things
organized another way, I am completely open to that.  I just want the
wiki organization to decay into chaos like it did before...

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger