[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook based journal?

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 22:10:13 EDT 2013

El 03/07/13 11:27, Andreas Hilboll escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very fond of the IPython Notebook and would like to use it as a
> general-purpose lab book. I'm also fan of software like rednotebook_,
> which is basically a diary with the possiblity to tag and categorize
> entries.
>
> Do you see any way of integrating the IPython Notebook in a GUI similar
> to rednotebook? I.e. have a calendar, have the possibility to create one
> or more IPython Notebooks per day, sort them into categories and/or tag
> them, and have the IPython notebook integrated in the main GUI?
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Andreas.
>
> _rednotebook:http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/

It would be an interesting project making a lab notebook based in
IPython... I will do some test and let you know if I arrive to something
enough consistent.

BTW, in the mean time, you can use a static blog engine as Nikola, which
supports making post with the IPython notebook, as a kind of lab
notebook (my blog as example: http://www.damian.oquanta.info
<http://www.damian.oquanta.info/>).

You have date/time entries, tags, search, html-powered and easily
publishable... you don't have a GUI but you have enough infrastructure
to make an ordered lab notebook.

Cheers.

Damián.