[IPython-dev] Using upstart to start ipython notebook.

Jared Kibele jkibele at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 22:01:21 EDT 2013

Hello again,

I found part of my problem (about 2 minutes after sending my previous
email). An earlier attempt at running a slightly different version of my
conf file resulted in the creation of another profile_nbserver directory.
That profile was being read instead of the one I intended. I deleted that
one, and then my conf file was able to start my notebook server and I was
able to connect.

I have a new (related?) problem now. When I connect, the IPython dashboard
looks different (no kernel tab) and none of my existing notebooks load.
When I create a new notebook, I'm unable to import scipy. My upstart log
file contains the following: "WARNING:root:Invalid cookie signature". Then
when I try to open the existing notebooks, it says: "WARNING:root:500 GET
/notebooks/3ae6-28e5-4ef3-a5e8-fae2f6c8373f?_=2761383137552
(ipaddress.removed): Unreadable JSON notebook."

Can anyone help me out? Sorry about any extra confusion from my initial
question.