[IPython-dev] Splitting inputs, cell inputs in an IPython client

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 18:30:05 EDT 2013

We'll begin thinking about some of these questions as the work on the
julia kernel progresses:

https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia-ipython

Having a robust Julia kernel that works with all IPython clients will
force us to flush some of these design issues. One important point to
keep in mind is that we really need to think now about these protocols
as being 100% language-agnostic and as enablers of a broad range of
use cases.  What a web console will look like is something we'll need
to work on, but I'm pretty sure that we will end up needing one before
too long.