[IPython-dev] prose, notebooks, and thrashing (and a re-direct to another list)

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:12:35 EDT 2013

>> Rather than messing with character offsets and the like, can we use a
>> plugin to prevent execution of any cell that contains a marker like
>> ________ ?  In most cases, cells will only have two or three of these,
>> so it's not unreasonable to ask people to delete 'em and replace 'em
>> manually, rather than trying to do something clever with the UI.
>
> Yes it is do-able (not sure if it is supported), I was more concerned of storing the "answer"
> into the metadata, ability to get back to *initial* value of a cell.
>
> Something along
>
> <something almost correct>

Please have a look at

https://github.com/ipython-contrib/IPython-notebook-extensions/pull/11

it implements what you asked in no_exec_dunder.js

Put it in `.ipython/profile_default/static/custom/`

then add the following to your custom.js

$([IPython.events]).on('app_initialized.NotebookApp', function(){
      require(['custom/no_exec_dunder']);
});

--
Matthias