[IPython-dev] Interactive SVG is not interactive in a notebook

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat Jun 15 22:23:34 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 15 juin 2013 à 19:33, Benjamin Root a écrit :
>
> > I am still interested in understanding how you managed to get the SVG to
> work in the notebook.  I have put a lot of time into making that SVG
> example and I would hate to have it all go to waste for the tutorial.
>
> Well , I haven't done anything particular, I'm not really into web-dev
> either.
> I just tried you example, and replace the error I had in the console by
> what I guessed was what you were meaning.
> The all thing in a markdown cell for easy edit.
>
> I didn't changed anything else, except been on IPython master as I am
> usually.
> I can try to redo the modification to find the minimal working example if
> it helps you.

Hmmm, I certainly hope it doesn't require the master branch as I am hoping
for everyone in the tutorial to be able to use this.

Anyway, the error I get in Firefox's error console is that init() and
ShowTooltip() are not defined.  So, while jQuery may be a part of the
solution, I can't even get to that point because Firefox never gets those
functions defined.  Maybe that is a clue?

Ben Root