[IPython-dev] javascript book?

David Wolever david at wolever.net
Mon Jun 17 12:24:37 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-17, at 12:06 PM, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at kroywen.se> wrote:

>> What's your current knowledge level and how do you like to learn?
>>
> I have never done any javascript so I guess I'm far behind you. But I do
> know programming (python, C, mathematica...). Thanks for your
> suggestions I will look at them.

In that case, it will also be important to remember: forget literally everything you think you know about the semantics of a programming language. There will be times that you are tempted to have thoughts like "oh, I've seen something which looks similar before… I know what's going on there!" But you will be wrong. For some examples, see: http://wtfjs.com/

--
phone: (416) 906-0403
pgp: B230230D