[IPython-dev] Automatic downloading python dependencies on IPython Notebook

Roh H. Lee hroe.lee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:03:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

I wonder if there is an automatic way to install required python package on
IPython Notebook.
For example, I try to run Non Parametric
Regression<http://nbviewer.ipython.org/2352771> by
downloading and opening its .ipynb file on my machine but I realized my
machine doesn't have pymc package. If this happen, I typically use either
pip on terminal or ! magic function to download the missing python package.
Python setup.py supports downloading required packages specified in the
configuration. Is there any similar features or means that I can compromise?

Sincerely,
Hyungro