[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook + MathJax + Firefox

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 13:07:15 EDT 2013

Hello people. I hope this is the right forum for this.

First I thank you very much for this great software -- you make my
Python usage much more pleasant. I use IPy3 0.13.2 with Python 3.3.1
on Kubuntu Raring.

Normally I use the Qt Console interface but sometimes I do open up the
notebook, and I find that the OTF MathJax fonts don't get loaded on
Firefox because of a Firefox security "feature" that prevents fonts
getting loaded when the location they are loaded from is different
from the location that calls them.

For details please see:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mathjax-users/fb_zE_a41xQ/discussion

MathJax developers advised that I should report this here. I hope this
is a known issue -- or should I file a bug at github?

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा