[IPython-dev] Merging nbconvert **now**

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 15:39:05 EDT 2013

El 30/06/13 14:28, Brian Granger escribió:
> Hi,
>
> As everyone knows, we are thinking about releasing IPython 1.0 in the
> next few weeks - with nbconvert in the main codebase.  If we are going
> to do this, I think we should put nbconvert into IPython proper now -
> halt all work on nbconvert and just put it into IPython/nbconvert.
> There are a few reasons I say this:
>
> * There are decisions being made in nbconvert (such as the whether or
> not to include reveal.js as a submodule) that we should really be
> making in the context of IPython.
> * There will be a lot of integration work to be done (setup.py,
> testing, etc) that also should be done in the context of IPython
> * I want the discussions about nbconvert to start to happen in the
> context of IPython.
> * To this day, nbconvert can't be setup.py installed, which is
> preventing other projects such as dexy from moving forward with
> integration.
>
> Note, I am not even saying that we should create a PR to do this work
> and then *perfect* the PR before merging.  I think we should create a
> PR and merge it almost immediately - this is a case where the code
> drop is big enough and late enough that I would prefer to break master
> as soon as possible.
>
> What do others think?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian E. Granger
> bgranger at calpoly.edu and ellisonbg at gmail.com

I think that it would be great to make the integration as soon as
possible...
We a lot of things to discuss about you have pointed out.
As far as I know, Frederic was writing some tests, I would wait him to
finish this before merging the code...
In the middle of the discussion about the dual mode editor ;-), I forgot
to pointed out... but I was thinking in the same direction about nbconvert.

Cheers.

Damián.