[IPython-dev] frontend namespace flattened (major change)

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 22:38:20 EDT 2013

Git has annual user surveys each fall. I guess we just need to make
them aware of the issue (they also have a mailing list). IMHO, the
following should be the default behavior

- git clone should initialize and update submodules
- git pull and checkout should update submodules
- git reset --hard should recursively reset submodules, including
checking out commits (if I have changes to commit, git reset --hard
should clear them)
- git clean should do the right thing (in my defence, I think my
issues here were permissions related)
- The git ps1 script that ships with git should be smarter about submodules.

Aaron Meurer