[IPython-dev] 0.13.2

Puneeth Chaganti punchagan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 10:11:29 EDT 2013

Min,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Jonathan March <JDM at marchray.net> wrote:

>>> You mean the 1.0 API? :)
>>>
>>> http://ipython.org/roadmap-announcement.html
>

> Just to clarify, Canopy 1.0 is coming out soon, and is going to depend on
> APIs that are not yet concrete (specifically, some things in the message
> spec will change between current master and 1.0 release in July,
> as will some of our module layout).  Is this accurate?

This is accurate, but only to the extent that we are dependent on a
couple of changes in IPython, which are not present in 0.13.2.  Evan's
changes that add an inprocess kernel manager, has not been back
ported to 0.13.2, which seems reasonable for a bug fix release.  Also,
a minor bug fix of the notebook's cwd has not made it into 0.13.2,
since the change was made as a part of a module layout change
(everything from IPython/zmq was moved to IPython/kernel/zmq, with
some refactor).  I don't think either of these will have much change
before 1.0 is released, and we should be able to freeze IPython to the
current master, in case something breaks in future.

Puneeth