[IPython-dev] How to hook js plugins into IPython Notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:58:15 EDT 2013

Jeff,

The short answer is that we are not quite there yet.  The code in the
jsplugins repo is only experimental and the final API will probably
look different from that.  We have plens to start work on this part of
IPython in July, but it is going to be probably into the Fall before
we have something tnat is ready to play with.  In the meantime, the
way we are encouraging users to add additional JS to the notebook is
by creating a custom.js file in your profile_dir/js/static.  It will
be loaded onto the page and you can access all of our JS objects.
Yes, you can count on jQuery/$ being available.

Cheers,

Brian