[IPython-dev] Vim key bindings ...

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Tue May 7 08:36:43 EDT 2013

In a literal sense, you can start the notebook server from any Python
process, but it's probably not what you want. The kernel will be started in
a separate process, so you won't have access to any variables from your
existing process. There's a way to embed an IPython kernel into a process
(e.g. [1]) and connect a Qt console to it, but I'm not sure if there's a
convenient way to open a notebook to an existing kernel.

[1]
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/examples/lib/ipkernel_qtapp.py

Thomas