[IPython-dev] question about tree

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 03:17:27 EST 2013

On 06/11/13 01:48, Fernando Perez wrote:
> But note that what Zoltan is referring to is files coming from
> different directories, but identically named (easy to get with our
> UntitledX naming scheme). We don't disambiguate those in the UI.
I actually tried to upload a notebook from a backup directory, but the
problem is the same as with UntitledX.
> I think the answer to this is simply that the UI for multidir support
> is yet to be written, Zoltan :) Once we build a proper UI for this,
> these issues will be correctly handled.
I take it as a hint, and I would be willing to work on the problem, but
I also think that there are some considerations that I don't know about.
My obvious solution would be to display the full path (or the path
relative to the serving directory), but there must be a reason why this
hasn't been done:)

Cheers,
Zoltán