[IPython-dev] ipython-notebook on remote server peculiarity

James Booth jabooth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 03:21:18 EST 2013

Looks like the problem is that you don't have permission to access your
home dir after logout:

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/chung/.ipython'

Is your home drive encrypted? If so that could definitely be the problem,
see here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/191142/is-it-possible-to-use-the-screen-command-to-work-with-files-on-an-encrypted-ho

Best wishes
James