[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] New Data Science Initiative, aka where has Fernando been hiding for the last year?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 01:31:49 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>wrote:

> Congrats to everybody involved, that's very exciting !

Thanks for the kind words :)  And I really want to reiterate: I completely
see this as a victory for our entire community at large. 12 years of hard
work (and counting) on scientific python are finally starting to pay off in
significant ways.

> Are we still able to speak to you face to face now that you went to the
> white house ? :)

Well, I wasn't able to make it, so I had to send one of our Nobel laureates
in my stead ;)